DIFFICULT MOMENTS SEEK ALLAH
QUIET MOMENTS WORSHIP ALLAH
EVERY MOMENTS THANK ALLAH
~ believe in your FATE and have FAITH in it ~

Tuesday, December 30

I Have A Rendezvous With Death...

when i was in standard 6, one of my friend, norzaima zambery had been chosen to read this poem during english week competition.i do really like this poem and today accidentally i find this poem in the internet.so i just paste it in my blog.to zaima who is now in Ireland (doing medicine), good luck girl.love u always =) friendship for ever

I HAVE a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade,
When Spring comes back with rustling shade
And apple-blossoms fill the air—
I have a rendezvous with Death 5
When Spring brings back blue days and fair.

It may be he shall take my hand
And lead me into his dark land
And close my eyes and quench my breath—
It may be I shall pass him still. 10
I have a rendezvous with Death
On some scarred slope of battered hill,
When Spring comes round again this year
And the first meadow-flowers appear.

God knows 'twere better to be deep 15
Pillowed in silk and scented down,
Where love throbs out in blissful sleep,
Pulse nigh to pulse, and breath to breath,
Where hushed awakenings are dear...
But I've a rendezvous with Death 20
At midnight in some flaming town,
When Spring trips north again this year,
And I to my pledged word am true,
I shall not fail that rendezvous.


by ALAN SEEGER

7 comments:

Unknown said...

tak paham la poem ni... need some explainations... hahaha... macam tak percaye je... yang membacenye budak "darjah 6"... hahaha...

run^nia in wonderland said...

serius la...kawan kite yg bace...actually org ni Alan Seeger ni dye one of the soldier mase WW1.this poem mcm cerita how he felt at dat time n mcm mane dye rase dye pun akan mati jugak mase WW1.dats y nama dye I have a randezvous with death...rendezvous kat sini means lbey kurg mcm meet la...hehe...

Anonymous said...

haha tau2 michael scofield ade gune word tu keskes [prison break fan club! oh yeahhhh]

run^nia in wonderland said...

ye ke??? xpernah pun tgk prison break...hikhikhik...=p

Anonymous said...

ceh.. sia-sia je ckp :(

Anonymous said...

ad eyh noen,,
zaima bace poem ney??
org xigt...
bnyk sgt yg org xigt...
terlebih mkn semut~~
huhuhu...

run^nia in wonderland said...

ade la...
mase tu kite darjah 6...
ade pertandingan english week peringkat daerah x silap...hehe